Jam session

Jam session
It looked like they were recording this... now how to get a copy???

Forbidden City Entrace/ Tiananmen Square

Forbidden City Entrace/ Tiananmen Square
Me and Chairman Mao

The Water Cube

The Water Cube
Not as big as I expected, plenty of natural light though!

Tsinghua University Gate

Tsinghua University Gate
The most important landmark on Campus, Happy 100th Birthday Tsinghua!

Monday, May 16, 2011

the blog is up and running

My inaugural post:

This is my first blog and my first time to the far East.  I've been tuning into as many articles and specials on television during this month which also happens to be Asian Heritage month.  I'm excited for a number of reasons to take this journey, most importantly I am excited to see how it changes my perspective of the world and the concepts of business and trade that I've only known in a Western sense. 

I'll be in China in 7 days.... more then!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to Beijing. Since the world didn't end on Saturday, you got to tour the city. How was your first day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep an eye on the markets today as the China/Japan/Taiwan/Korea markets are often leading indicators of what the London and New York exchanges will do later in the day. Today the predictions are down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was day 2?
    Over the jet lag yet?
    Usually I was OK the second day, after stretching the first day as long as I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get a chance, ask what China is doing with Smart Grid. Articles I have read here indicate that China is moving whole heartedly into Smart Grid deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Son, this is amazing...I am enjoying reading this sooo much! Am glad you got to go.
    Can't wait to see all our photos...what a fabulous memory! :) Love,MOM

    ReplyDelete